General Warranty Terms
Subject of the Warranty
This Warranty applies to the equipment (hereinafter referred to as the “Equipment”) manufactured by Bosch Thermotechnik GmbH and provides warranty service performed by Loos Centrum Ltd., (hereinafter referred to as the “Warrantor”).
The warranty includes the right to free-of-charge removal of defects that occur during the warranty period, which are caused by design and manufacturing defects of the Equipment.
It shall be a condition for the warranty holder to obtain warranty services that it performs mandatory, regular (in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations), paid inspections of the Equipment, and duly fulfills the obligations of cooperation with the Guarantor, in particular with regard to information obligations.
Warranty periods shall be calculated from the date of the first start-up of the Equipment by the Guarantor, but shall not exceed 27 months from the date of delivery of the Equipment.
The following warranty periods shall apply:
- boilers (manufactured by Bosch Thermotechnik GmbH) including burners and water heaters: 24 months,
- control automation: 24 months,
- all other products manufactured by Bosch Thermotechnik GmbH: 24 months,
- other accessories: periods and terms and conditions of warranty specified by their manufacturer,
- for spare parts and parts replaced under warranty: periods and terms and conditions of warranty specified by their manufacturer.
Storage and handling costs
If the Buyer delays acceptance of the goods, the Buyer shall reimburse the costs incurred by us, in particular storage costs (including those incurred by third parties). For each day of delay, the Buyer shall reimburse us a lump sum corresponding to 0.025% of the net value of the order, as well as one-time expenses in the amount of a lump sum corresponding to 1% of the net value of the order, or actual costs if we prove to the Buyer that the actual costs incurred by us are higher.
- The warranty holder shall immediately report the problem that has arisen in writing to email@example.com, together with a copy of the last service inspection report.
The Buyer shall provide all relevant details of the problem, in particular, obligatorily:
- date of the problem,
- the person who determined the emergence of the problem,
- the manifestations of the problem, i.e., the impact on the operation of the equipment,
- his assumptions as to the causes of the problem,
Customers with permanent service agreements shall not be obliged to send the service inspection report.
- Defects or malfunctions revealed during the warranty period shall be removed immediately, but no later than within 14 working days from the date of complaint. This period may be extended by the time of importing spare parts from the Manufacturer. The complaint notification must be made during the validity of the warranty period.
- The Customer must provide access to the Equipment within the aforementioned period, otherwise the Warrantor shall be released from the obligation of warranty repair. In case of doubt as to the cause and nature of the problem, the Warrantor, upon arrival at the site, shall describe the problem in a report, which shall be signed by the Customer. The Warrantor, if necessary, shall prepare photographic documentation of the problem, which shall be attached to the report. The Customer shall be obliged to provide the Warrantor with the explanations that the Warrantor expects and provide the documentation indicated by it, which helps to determine the causes and nature of the problem. The Warrantor shall have the right to copy the documentation provided.
- Disassembly/assembly of the part or equipment being the subject of the complaint (delivered loose for self-assembly by the Customer) shall be performed by the Customer on its own and at its own expense.
- Upon receipt of the courier shipment, it shall be unpacked in the presence of the deliverer and if mechanical damage to the product caused during transport is found, a damage report shall be drawn up. Only in this case a claim for defects arising during transport shall be accepted.
- If the guaranteed technical parameters are not achieved at the time of the start-up, the Warrantor shall have the right to make corrections at its own discretion.
- If it turns out that the reported defect/malfunction was not due to a defect of the Equipment, the Customer shall be charged the cost of the replaced part and/or the service performed, which shall be treated as an ordered additional service. Along with the invoice, the Warrantor shall provide the Customer with a description of the service performed, together with a justification indicating why, in the opinion of the Warrantor, the replacement or service was not covered by the warranty.
The Warranty shall not cover:
Natural wear and tear of operating components such as:
- parts that come into contact with fire (e.g., baffle plates, burner nozzles, ignition electrodes, etc.)
- parts subject to mechanical abrasion (e.g., water gauge glasses, seals, etc.)
- parts subject to functional wear (e.g., filters, etc.)
Maintenance services such as burner adjustment, cleaning of boilers on the flue-gas side, changes in operating parameters and operational checks resulting from boiler operation.
The Warranty shall not cover defects and damage to the Equipment caused by:
- improper use of the Equipment by the warranty holder,
- use of the Equipment inconsistently with the operating instructions or/and safety regulations,
- aggressive external mechanical or chemical agents,
- wrong type of fuel,
- use of wrong types of current, as well as surges and voltage drops in the power grid,
- improper, faulty or defective electrical installation (e.g., connection to an ungrounded power outlet),
- poor fuel quality or incorrect gas pressure,
- impurities in the combustion air,
- poor water quality or improper filling and refilling of the system with water,
- improper selection of the burner or its incorrect adjustment,
- control of the Equipment by means of automation other than that recommended by the manufacturer,
- lack of appropriate filters and safety valves,
- improper stack draught,
- connection to an installation that is inoperative or is threatened with freezing,
- corrosion, discoloration or staining,
- faulty installation or faulty installation design,
- other factors arising through no fault of the manufacturer.